AGREEMENTS AND MOUS
MoU approved between India and Namibia
• The Union Cabinet approved the MoU between India and Electoral Tribunal of Panama and Electoral Commission of Namibia on 6th Feb 2019.
• It would promote bilateral cooperation, aimed at building technical assistance/ capacity support for the Electoral Commission of Namibia (ECN) and with Electoral Tribunal of Panama (ETP).
• The Cabinet was chaired by PM Narendra Modi.
Cabinet Approvals: February 2019
• MoU between India and Malaysia for Mutual Cooperation in the field of Company Secretary Ship.
• MoU between India and Norway on India-Norway Ocean Dialogue
• MoU between India and Brazil on cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy.
• MoU between India and Maldives for Establishing Mutual Cooperation to Improve the Ecosystems for Agribusiness.
• MoU between India and the UAE on Development cooperation in Africa
• Signing of Agreement between India and Ukraine for cooperation in Agriculture and Food Industry
• The revised Office Memorandum pertaining to the Cabinet Note on “Amendment of Constitution to provide for reservation for Economically Weaker Sections”
• MoU between India and Finland in the field of Biotechnology
• MoU between India and Uzbekistan for promoting bilateral cooperation in the area of e-Governance.
• Proposal for higher allocation of power to Home State from Under Construction Projects of NTPC Ltd.
• Introduction of National Institutes of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management Bill, 2019 in the Parliament.
• Establishment of a unified authority for regulating all financial services in International Financial Services Centres (IFSCs) in India through International Financial Services Centres Authority Bill, 2019.
• Establishment of Circuit Bench of Calcutta High Court at Jalpaiguri.
• Establishment of Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog for Conservation protection and development of cows and their progeny.
Indian Coast Guard signed MoU with AAI.
• Indian Coast Guard and the Airport Authority of India signed a Memorandum of Understanding at Coast Guard Regional Headquarters in Port Blair.
• It is signed for coordination in the aeronautical, maritime search and rescue operations
• The MoU with AAI is aimed at strengthening mutual interactions, interoperability, and validating procedures during the conduct of search and rescue operations.
Amitabh Bachchan stars in national campaign
• The Swachh Bharat Mission launched the 'Darwaza BandPart 2' campaign on 6th Feb 2019 in Mumbai.
• The campaign was produced by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation was launched in the presence of iconic actor Amitabh Bachchan.
• The campaign focuses on sustaining the open defecation free status of village across the country.
Textile Minister launched project India Size
• Smt. Smriti Irani, the Union Minister of Textiles launched the India Size project in Mumbai on 6th February 2019.
• It aims to arrive at a standard Indian size for the ready-to-wear clothing industry.
• A size chart will be developed which will be specific to Indian consumer’s measurements.
• The project is undertaken by the Ministry of Textiles.
Swine flu claimed 226 lives across the country
• Swine flu has claimed 226 lives across the country, with the worst hit in Rajasthan claiming 85 deaths.
• 2,263 patients have been found positive with influenza as per the NCDC report.
• A meeting was held on 6th February 2019 by the Ministry of Health headed by Preeti Sudan to take action to deal with it.
• Swine flu is caused by H1N1 virus and has symptoms similar to the regular flu.
PM to flag off Vande Bharat Express.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi will flag-off Vande Bharata Express on 15th February, 2019 from the New Delhi Railway Station.
• It is India's first engineless train.
• The train has been manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory, Chennai and has become India's fastest train.
• It hit the speed of over 180 kmph during a trial run at the Delhi-Mumbai Rajdhani route.
• Earlier, it was named Train 18.
CCEA approves 12,000 MW power projects.
• The CCEA chaired by PM Narendra Modi approved the proposal for setting up 12,000 MW Solar PV Power Projects
• The proposal was by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy for the implementation of the CPSU scheme Phase-II for setting up these projects.
• The power projects will be set up in 4 years at a cost of Rs. 48,000 crores.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY
Sixth Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement, 2017-18 by Dr.Urjit Patel.
• Reduce the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 25 basis points from 6.5% to 6.25% with immediate effect.
• The reverse repo rate under the LAF stands adjusted to 6.0%, and the marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate to 6.5%.
• The first advance estimates (FAE) has placed the growth of real gross value added (GVA) at 7.0% in 2018-19 as compared with 6.9% in 2017-18.
The Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs (CCEA )approves creation of Agri-Market Fund
• The Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs chaired by PM Narendra Modi approved the creation of Agri-Market Infrastructure Fund (AMIF) on 6th Feb 2019.
• It is being created for the up-gradation and development of agricultural marketing infrastructure in Regulated Wholesale Markets and Gramin Agricultural Markets.
• A corpus of Rs. 2000 crore has been approved for the creation of the fund.
SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
Dr Jitendra Singh delivers keynote.
• Dr Jitendra Singh, Minister of the DoNER (The Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region), delivered a keynote address at the 'Parmanu Tech 2019' conference on 6th February 2019 at New Delhi .
• It was organized by the Ministry of External Affairs and Department of Atomic Energy.
• The conference also discussed issues related to Radiation Technologies and Nuclear Energy.
India-Germany join hands for cooperation.
• The 3rd Indo-German Working Group for water and waste management concluded on 6th February 2019 in New Delhi.
• Delegates from both the sides met and discussed potential cooperation in the field of water and waste management.
• The Indian delegation was headed by Shri Anil Kumar Jain.
• Third Indo-German Environment Forum will meet in New Delhi on February 13, 2019.